Studio Redz on NBC News
Studio Redz's Karen McDonald shares her experience as one of the many businesses struggling amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Salon reopening starting January 28th
Our online booking will be available next week to give us time to catch up with our calls and waitlists.
What to expect when we reopen
We will go above and beyond the State Board and
CDC/OSHA best practices, so things will be slightly
Service prices will be changing, the time it takes to
perform services will take longer.
We will most likely be working split shifts and at 50% capacity, which unfortunately means it may take a while for us to catch up and get everyone back to their normal routine. We will be booking appointments in their order, please contact your stylist directly. Rest assured, you will get your hair done, and we can’t wait to open our doors again and for you to see the new look of the salon (surprise)!! Meanwhile, we wish every one of you good health and happiness.
What to expect for your appointment when we re-open:
- You will be receiving a health screening and waiver prior to your appointment
- Please Text your stylist when you are parked outside. They will text back and let you know when to come in.
- Bring essentials. No large bags, please. Just phone, keys, cash, book, or your favorite digital device.
Things like that. (Mask must remain on for the duration of the appointment).
- We can provide disposable masks if needed.
- Wear comfortable clothing and a collarless top if possible. We are not using our robes right now, just cutting drapes, changed for each client.
- Be prepared to have a touch-less temperature taken and asked how you are feeling.
- Do not come in if you have ANY cold or flu-like symptoms. Allergies count as symptoms.
If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home, we can reschedule you asap.
- Please sanitize or wash hands before taking a seat.
When will I be able to see my stylist?
A great way to keep in touch is to follow us on social media. Your stylist’s Instagram link is located next to their bio and picture. You can also text your stylist to set up your appointments.